The practice of pelvic related physical therapy is still an unknown to a lot of the population and many patients do not have access to physical therapists who specialize in evaluating and treating these diagnoses. Pelvic Therapy Specialists offers individualized treatment options for those patients who need to come from out of town for physical therapy and has treated patients from across the country.
Our out of town program allows for effective treatment of patients and given pelvic related diagnoses require ongoing care, our clinic also provides partner training and healthcare professionals observation. If your physical therapist is unable to travel with you, our physical therapists can provide a physical therapy plan of care to take home.
Please contact our office before making any schedule arrangements to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for our clinic. If you would like to speak with a physical therapist to determine if this program is right for you, please email or call us.
Out-of-Town Treatment Program includes:
Initial Phone Consult
- iddandndidentifica After submission of goals and discussion of expectations for program.
- Assessment of patient's local physical therapy providers and designing communication program for other professionals after treatment.
- Identification of whether patient will benefit from a consultation with professional medical providers that our clinic works with.
- Schedule appointments with Pelvic Therapy Specialists.
- Assistance with travel plans (public transportation, hotel recommendations, etc).
- Note - we will need a fully completed new client intake questionnaire for the phone consultation.
- Typical duration and treatment time: 1- 2 weeks, 1 - 2 hours per day.
- Education on your diagnoses and identification of potential changes to your daily activities.
- Written evaluation and treatment with recommended treatment program upon returning home.
- Individualized home exercise program development and instruction
- Stress management recommendations
- Recommendations for complimentary therapies and/or products
- Continued phone and email access to Pelvic Therapy Specialist physical therapist for patient and local physical therapist.
- If needed, consultation/treatment with Pain Management and/or uro/gynecological specialist.